Support for 5/10 MHz channel width

Peter Große pegro at friiks.de
Sat Nov 18 14:08:18 PST 2017

Hi everyone.

I'm curious about whether there are technical limitations or if it would be
possible for the ath10k driver and firmware to support half-rate channel widths
of 5 and 10 MHz?

The ath9k driver supports it. It was introduced by Simon Wunderlich in 2013
[1], also listing possible useful applications, some of which I'm interested in.

From what I got looking at the ath10k driver code, the enum wmi_phy_mode used
in mac.c:chan_to_phymode() has no corresponding values for these channel
widths. So assume a change to the firmware would be also required.

So again, I'm just curious ;)

Regards
Peter

[1] https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg109641.html