mesh point and ap mode on same interface

Arend van Spriel arend.vanspriel at broadcom.com
Wed Nov 15 02:36:49 PST 2017

On 11/15/2017 11:27 AM, Kalle Valo wrote:
> Arend van Spriel <arend.vanspriel at broadcom.com> writes:
>
>> On 11/15/2017 11:01 AM, Kalle Valo wrote:
>>> (adding linux-wireless for a cfg80211 question)

>>> It would be nice if ath10k could print a warning if the beacon intervals
>>> are not compatible. Or is there a way to enforce the beacon interval
>>> with help of cfg80211 or mac80211?
>>
>> There is beacon interval checking in utility function
>> cfg80211_check_combinations() ->
>> cfg80211_iter_combinations() -> cfg80211_calculate_bi_data() for that.
>
> Nice, that looks useful. Thanks for the tip.

Initally was added by:

commit 0c317a02ca982ca093e71bf07cb562265ba40032
Author: Purushottam Kushwaha <pkushwah at qti.qualcomm.com>
Date:   Wed Oct 12 18:26:51 2016 +0530

     cfg80211: support virtual interfaces with different beacon intervals

And last touched by Johannes:

commit 4c8dea638c16141adb046fd2e0cab51dfe43650c
Author: Johannes Berg <johannes.berg at intel.com>
Date:   Fri Oct 21 14:25:13 2016 +0200

     cfg80211: validate beacon int as part of iface combinations

The last commit message has some info on how to use in case of AP/mesh.

>> However, it seems brcmfmac is the only user of that function according
>> to lxr (or elixir).
>
> git-grep says the same.

Yeah. git-grep has not sunk in my system yet ;-)

Regards,
Arend