Is using 802.11s with DFS possible?

Zach Sherin zach at netblazr.com
Wed Jun 28 18:54:14 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I've been running some experiments in LEDE thanks to your help many
months ago, and I want to use DFS frequencies with my mesh network.
Does ath10k currently support this or am I up a creek? My tests show
that I can use DFS frequencies with AP mode but have always failed
when I use them in a mesh, such that the interface won't even start.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time,
Zach

PS: I'm using an Archer C7 v2, latest stable LEDE build with the
built-in ath10k firmware. Meshing on channel 36 is fine, but anything
that requires DFS fails.