Driver support for QCA6174 chip using SDIO interface

Erik Stromdahl erik.stromdahl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:58:57 PST 2017

On 2017-02-21 12:26, Akesh M Chacko wrote:
> hi,
> I'm following your patch for adding SDIO support for QCA6174. Is the
> firmware image for PCIe and SDIO interface are same?
> If they are different, from where can i find the firmware image for
> SDIO interface support in QCA6174A-3 v3.2.

The firmware is not the same for sdio. You will need to obtain the firmware
from the module vendor and convert it into ath10k format with ath10k-fwencoder.

You need the tool qca-swiss-army-knife for this:

https://github.com/qca/qca-swiss-army-knife.git

Below is a script I have used when generating fw for my QCA9377 board:

### START ###
#! /bin/bash

ENCODER="./tools/scripts/ath10k/ath10k-fwencoder"

API_VER=5
HTT_OP_VERSION="tlv"
WMI_OP_VERSION="tlv"
FW="silex-SX-SDCAC-2830-SP/qwlan30.bin"
OTP="silex-SX-SDCAC-2830-SP/otp30.bin"
FEATURES="ignore-otp-result"

$ENCODER --create --otp=$OTP --firmware=$FW \
--set-wmi-op-version=$WMI_OP_VERSION \
--set-htt-op-version=$HTT_OP_VERSION \
--set-fw-api=$API_VER --features=$FEATURES

mv firmware-5.bin silex-SX-SDCAC-2830-SP/firmware-sdio-5.bin