9984 VHT

Valo, Kalle kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Tue Feb 14 02:30:14 PST 2017

(you forgot to CC ath10k list, adding it back)

Sebastian Gottschall <s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com> writes:

> Am 10.02.2017 um 07:50 schrieb Valo, Kalle:
>> Sebastian Gottschall <s.gottschall at dd-wrt.com> writes:

>>> the more recent firmware have some new wmi services enabled which can
>>> be used as indicator as well.
>> I don't know what flag exactly you are referring to, but using a WMI
>> service flag to detect this is not really reliable. They can be enabled
>> or disabled between branches, or even between builds.
>
> valid argument. but these flags should than be also introduced in
> codeaurora images

I'm not involved with codeaurora images so I can't help with that.

But the firmware is not supposed to break the firmware interface like
this. Can someone please write a detailed bug report as a reply to this
mail (what version, from which location, how exactly the interface is
broken) and I'll try to report the issue internally.