VHT 160Mhz and nss related config.

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Mon Feb 13 11:51:29 PST 2017

On Mon, 2017-02-13 at 11:42 -0800, Ben Greear wrote:

> > > I don't have that spec...maybe you could post a patch that adds
> > > that
> > > flag and/or other fields to the appropriate header files?  I can
> > > attempt to add support to ath10k after that...
> >
> > We're planning to, but it's not the most important thing on my list
> > right now ... I'll check where that's at now.
> >
> > I can't even easily explain it, since it's really complicated.
>
> So, think it is worthwhile to use the max-rx-rate as a proxy
> until the 'real' spec is implemented?  If 2x2 160Mhz is super
> complicated, and yields no useful throughput improvement, then likely
> it will be a long time before someone implements it properly I'd
> guess.

I don't know, I haven't really followed that discussion.

I don't think implementing the spec here will be really complicated,
there are just a bunch of cases to consider when parsing the VHT
capabilities. I won't do anything with max rate in mac80211, and I
doubt you really should implement any workarounds for not having the
spec here in the driver itself.

johannes