ath10k-firmware: QCA4019 hw1.0: Add OpenMesh A42 specific BDFs

Sven Eckelmann sven.eckelmann at openmesh.com
Fri Dec 8 02:10:23 PST 2017

On Dienstag, 28. November 2017 15:45:52 CET Sven Eckelmann wrote:
[....]
> I think that Christian Lamparter also has some BDFs for Asus RT-AC58U,
> FRITZ!Box 4040 and Zyxel NBG6617 [3] which could be upstreamed in a similar
> way. So please tell us when you want to have these things submitted in a
> slightly different way.

There is now a wiki page under https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/
drivers/ath10k/boardfiles which describes the required information. Here are
the answers to the questions:

* description for what hardware this is:
  - it is a QCA401x based board (based on qcom-ipq4019-ap.dk01.1)
  - the 5GHz and 2.4GHz radio components were drastically changed by ODM
  - it is sold as OpenMesh A42

* origin of the board file (did you create it yourself or where you downloaded)
  - it was created by the ODM and QCA for the OpenMesh A42
  - was provided by the ODM to OpenMesh for this product (this includes
    distribution)
  - it is the latest release from 2017-05-29

* ids to be used with the board file (ATH10K_BD_IE_BOARD_NAME in ath10k)
  - OM-A42 is the variant string
  - complete strings are listed in original mail

* attach the actual board file (board.bin)
  - See original mail

Kind regards,
	Sven