ath10k firmware-6.bin bug: Disconnections every 20 minutes on QCA6174

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Thu Aug 17 00:14:21 PDT 2017

Kouroche Bouchiat <kouroche.bouchiat at gmail.com> writes:

> Uhm Hello, thank you for the reply Kalle.
> I'm lost. I submitted the original issue about the QCA6174.
>
> I'll try your firmware tonight on my laptop. I've been using
> firmware-4.bin for a week and I haven't had any issues. I'll tell you
> how it performs and attach my dmesg as soon as I can.

I was told that 4.4.1 firmare should have a fix for this. Please let me
know if you can confirm that and then I'll update the firmware in
linux-firmware.

> I was indeed connected to a WPA network. If rekeying happens in
> periodic patterns like that, then it could be where the issue is. I
> can try to see if it occurs on open networks too, if you like.

Yes, WPA rekey is initiated periodically by the AP. Some APs have a
setting in UI to configure the period but not all. But don't bother to
changing WPA rekeying time that as I'm optimistic that 4.4.1 branch has
a fix for your issue.