[RESEND] ath10k: fix out of bounds access to local buffer

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Wed Apr 26 04:08:22 PDT 2017

Michael Mera <dev at michaelmera.com> writes:

> Kalle Valo <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com> writes:
>> I fixed a checkpatch warning in the pending branch:
>>
>> drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/debug.c:636: spaces preferred around
>> that '-' (ctx:VxV)
>
> Hum... but then you will have a line longer than 80 characters (81), so
> another warning.

I have extended the line length in my check script to 90 chars just
because of cases like this:

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath10k/codingstyle#checking_code

> I prefered this version since I feel that splitting this line would hurt
> readability and on the other hand the expression is clearly delimited
> by the spaces around the ',' so I don't think spaces around the operator
> add any value (except for compliance with the coding style that is).

I actually guessed why you did that. But I want to keep the output of my
test script clean, makes review a lot easier. Making exceptions to the
script is more work for me.

Anyway, I already did the change in my pending branch and will apply the
patch in few days. Thanks for the fix.