Activity LEDs for QCA9980

J Mo jmomo at jmomo.net
Tue Sep 27 03:57:42 PDT 2016

Hello!

I would like to inquire (belligerently pester) as to the possibility of
getting LED activity lights working for the QCA9980.

I recently ported LEDE to a new router device which uses this chip, the
fifth such LEDE device which I know of using it.

For these routers, the "WiFi" LEDs on our devices are controlled via the
QCA9980 chip, not some SoC GIPO.

Heinz, one of the illustrious fellows working on the TP-Link Archer
C2600, found this example u-boot code which seems to enable LED control:

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=336237#p336237

Is this information helpful, or are there other things holding this
feature back for this chip and driver?

Thanks in advance