ath10k: qca6174 firmware: difference between hw2.1/firmware-5 and hw3.0/firmware-4

Valo, Kalle kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Wed Sep 7 22:13:08 PDT 2016

Xuebing Wang <xbing6 at gmail.com> writes:

>> Do you consider this hw3.0 firmware does not support monitor mode a
>> firmware bug?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> For unknown reasons, previous email bounced back. It did successfully
> went to ath10k mailing list.

I did get it, I just didn't have a chance to reply yet.

> Do you consider this hw3.0 firmware does not support monitor mode a
> firmware bug, or do you see any chance to add a way to configure
> firmware to enable Monitor Mode? Thanks.

Not a bug but more like QCA6174 firmware is missing a very useful
feature. But my opinion doesn't really matter here as I'm not part of
the firmware team, I just deliver their releases. The firmware team
makes the decisions what features include to their releases.