Connection to WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK networks doesn't work with QCA9733 rev 30

Markus Mälkönen tux-86 at mail.ru
Thu Nov 17 08:43:00 PST 2016

On pe, marras 4, 2016 at 11:19 , Valo, Kalle <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com>
wrote:
> Markus Mälkönen <tux-86 at mail.ru> writes:
>
>>  It seems that I can't connect to any WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK network with
>>  this network adapter. But unsecured connections without any WPA or
>> WEP
>>  works normally.
>>
>>  02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac
>>  Wireless Network Adapter [168c:0042] (rev 30)
>
> You are not providing much information so difficult to guess. I
> haven't
> heard anyone else mentioning anything like this, are you sure it
> really
> is a problem with ath10k?
>
> To understand more what is happening we would need to see how you
> configure the network, wpasupplicant debug logs and full dmesg output.
>
> --
> Kalle Valo

It seems that only up-to-date router hardware and/or software are
supported, not any older router hardware and/or software. Only router
where are I have successfully created WPA2-PSK connection on linux with
QCA9377 is my Android 5.1.1 (CM12.1) cellphone, but when I testing same
with older Android 4.2.2 device, 4-way handshake is always
unsuccessfully with current ath10k driver despite correct pre-shared
key. Also I can't create WPA-PSK connection to Android 4.2.2 wifi
hotpoint. Other wlan chips works correctly, so I think that is ath10k
related issue, maybe WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK support for older router device
is not fully implemented to ath10k driver.

wlp2s0: SME: Trying to authenticate with MAC (SSID='AP' freq=2427 MHz)
wlp2s0: Trying to associate with MAC (SSID='AP' freq=2427 MHz)
wlp2s0: Associated with MAC
wlp2s0: CTRL-EVENT-SUBNET-STATUS-UPDATE status=0
wlp2s0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=MAC reason=3 locally_generated=1
wlp2s0: WPA: 4-Way Handshake failed - pre-shared key may be incorrect
wlp2s0: CTRL-EVENT-SSID-TEMP-DISABLED id=0 ssid="AP" auth_failures=1
duration=10 reason=WRONG_KEY
wlp2s0: CTRL-EVENT-SSID-REENABLED id=0 ssid="AP"

--
Markus Mälkönen