Linux freezes after a time while running

Conrad Kostecki ck+ath10k at bl4ckb0x.de
Wed Nov 2 02:00:19 PDT 2016

Hi!

> Michal Kazior <michal.kazior at tieto.com> hat am 2. November 2016 um 04:31 geschrieben:
> I suspect the pcie link gets broken one direction because attempting a
> cold reset did crash the host even harder.

What I can see, the WiFi runs stable, if nobody connects to it. The failure starts, when somebody connects and does some throughput.

> Looks like the device went into a very confused state due to pcie link
> failure starting from:

Well, I did a test and removed the Mikrotik RB14e, as it has a PLX chip and provides an extra pcie switch. Instead, I took a simple passive miniPCIe->PCIe adapter and build only one card into it. The problem still exists. So, the RB14e is not the cause at least.

>   [  691.609836] pcieport 0000:00:02.0: AER: Multiple Uncorrected
> (Non-Fatal) error received: id=0800

I see, so the firmware crash it not the cause, but the error reported by AER. Thanks for clarify!

> I'm not really familiar with these. Perhaps there's a pcie bridge
> problem on your host platform or maybe an electrical issue (e.g.
> insufficient power supply to handle short bursts?).

Well, the mainboard is microATX. So its powered by a Seasonic 400W passive PSU, but the whole system takes about 40-50w. So the PSU itself should be enough? ;-) IIRC PCIe should provide up to 75W?

I am out of ideas.. I know, a year ago, that cards were perfectly working. Even a test replacement shows the same errors, so it's not a defective card.

Cheers
Conrad