Question on 10.4 firmware and fetch-indication logic.

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Tue Nov 1 17:20:02 PDT 2016

On 1 November 2016 at 19:12, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 1 November 2016 at 11:04, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>

>> I do not know the code well around the fetch-ind logic:  This is how the
>> firmware tells the driver that it has fully transmitted a frame and is
>> reporting
>> tx status?  Can it be anything else?
>
> Isn't this the newish stuff added so per-peer queues can be managed and drained?

Yes. 10.4 can support operational mode where it doesn't expect host to
be pushing frames at its own discretion and instead issues
fetch-indication events to ask host to submit frames from given
station/tid within given packet/byte constraints.

After looking at the code I guess this could happen because
tx_fetch_ind_q is processed in a separate tasklet. You'd probably need
to flush the tasklet/event queues to prevent this problem from
happening.