Any tips on where per-packet antenna selection could be pushed?

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Tue Jun 7 00:53:48 PDT 2016

On 7 June 2016 at 09:40, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 June 2016 at 23:24, Janusz Dziedzic <janusz.dziedzic at tieto.com> wrote:
>> On 6 June 2016 at 21:22, Zach Sherin <zach at netblazr.com> wrote:
>>> That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming, and thanks again for
>>> your time and help!
>>>
>> BTW, check google: ath10k smart antenna
>> Seems 10.2 support this.
>

> ooo cool. wonder how much of the useful bits it implements!

Keep in mind smart antenna requires HW support (you can check this via
wmi_services in debugfs on ath10k - there's SW and HW bits are
advertised there). Not all qca988x chips support it - only some of the
revisions. I don't know if ones found in Archer C7 support it (maybe
some do?).

There's some code on codeaurora you can use as a reference:

 https://us.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/qsdk/oss/system/feeds/wlan-open/tree/mac80211/patches/a00-0015-ath10k-smart-antenna-API-support.patch?h=coconut

 https://us.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/qsdk/oss/system/feeds/wlan-open/tree/mac80211/patches/a00-0016-ath10k-smart-antenna-debugfs.patch?h=coconut

 https://us.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/qsdk/oss/system/feeds/wlan-open/tree/mac80211/patches/a00-0021-ath10k-Smart-antenna-Algorithm.patch?h=coconut