Any tips on where per-packet antenna selection could be pushed?

Zach Sherin zach at netblazr.com
Mon Jun 6 10:59:09 PDT 2016

I was aiming to run this off a serial interface on the general board,
not on the ath10k NIC. I have a consumer QCA9880 PCI board in an
Archer C7 router. It would be awesome if I could steal a GPIO or
something from the atheros chip to output, but I was assuming I
couldn't. The main reason I was looking at the ath10k driver was to
get as close to when the packets are transmitted as possible, to leave
as little room for error in the switching as possible.

However, it's  possible that I'm hoping for too much there. I'd be
interested to hear your thoughts on it. If I can't pull it off, I'll
move to an approach outside ath10k.

Thanks,
Zach