Can not get 802.11ac with ath10k QCA6147 chip (802.11abgn works)

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Thu Jan 28 01:56:20 PST 2016

On 28 January 2016 at 10:46, Bartlomiej Grzeskowiak
<bartlomiej.grzeskowiak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> Thank you for the hint.
>
> From the iw app I see
> channel 112 (5560 MHz), width: 80 MHz, center1: 5530 MHz
>
> If I understand it correctly it proves that 802.11ac mode is used.
> I would be thankful if you could confirm.

Yes. This proves association succeeded with VHT80.

Whether 11ac rates will be used is up to the rate control in FW.

Note: The rx bitrate should be mostly correct but be vary that
whenever wireless stack processes low rate frames, e.g. beacons it is
updated to that frame's rx rate - hence it's normal to see it at 6mbps
when idling.