Qualcomm Atheros Device 0042 (rev 30)

vagner vagnerrener at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 08:20:14 PST 2016

On 01/07/2016 02:41 PM, Michal Kazior wrote:
> On 7 January 2016 at 13:15, vagner<vagnerrener at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Last week I compiled a 4.4-rcX kernel and the dmesg showed me that it was
>> trying to load ath10k, but it failed. So, I gave up and installed 4.3 again.
>> Perhaps I did something wrong, but I hope that the next 4.4 kernel will
>> bring support for my wireless card.
> Just post dmesg from 4.4 once you try again. You could've been missing
> firmware files in paths ath10k expected them to be.
     Thx a lot. But, I prefer to wait for the next kernel to see what
happens. Compiling a kernel takes a long time and I do not have much
experience on doing that...
     Ant if I go to experimental I am afraid of mixing up my debian and
breaking it.
     I'd like to know how to use the windows drive, at least until the
new kernel support my card. But, I know that this is not a fixing-linux
way...