ath10k firmware crashes in mesh mode on QCA9880

Alexis Green agreen at cococorp.com
Tue Dec 13 21:36:46 PST 2016

Thank you for your help Rajkumar,

We've traced the problem down to a peering issue. Looks like there was
a missing compile flag that caused some kind of incongruence. My best
guest is that beacons are generated by firmware and advertise support
for AC mode, whereas wpa_supplicant, when not compiled with
CONFIG_IEEE80211AC=y, sends mesh peering messages and creates peers
without AC support, causing firmware to get confused. After
recompiling supplicant with the correct flag, no more crashes were
observed in casual testing. I submitted a pull request to LEDE to,
hopefully, fix it in upstream.

Best regards,

Alexis