high RTT in 40 MHz channel width

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sat Apr 30 09:50:53 PDT 2016

Since UDP seems to mostly not be effected, maybe it has something
to do with your tcp stack and/or congestion control?

You could sniff on the wlan0 interface, as well as on-air, and compare timestamps
to see if the firmware is being slow about putting the TCP frames on the
air?

What TCP congestion control are you using?

And also, if there is any interference on the secondary channels, the NIC will hold
off transmitting.  So, you would not even see retransmits in this case.

Have you tried in regular managed mode (AP/STA) to see if it is the same with CT firmware?

You could try stock firmware in AP/STA mode.  If CT firmware shows
a regression, I will be happy to look at it.

Finally, you might try the latest CT firmware in case it acts better.  I
ripped out some queue control in the non-full builds somewhat recently,
and possibly that would decrease latency.