QCA99XX, IBSS, and no transmitted frames?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Apr 26 12:34:21 PDT 2016

Just curious if anyone has any ideas...I've been staring that this one
for days without much luck...

Test case is to bring up two 9990 NICs, using my kernel and firmware, and
then run 56kbps UDP traffic bi-directional.

It works for a bit, and then I see a case where one side cannot seem
to answer ARP.  I still see beacons from it, and probe responses,
and I see it receive ARP and try to respond at the netdev level.

But, when sniffing the air, I do not see any ARP response on the air.
I've tried verifying the rate-ctrl logic is right and all of that.

Unless I'm really missing something, this is a firmware issue.

Any suggestions for what might be the issue?  Anyone else see problems
where 9990 NICs go selectively silent on transmit?