CT 4.2 kernel now supports 80Mhz IBSS

Jorge Baranda jbaranda at cttc.es
Thu Sep 24 23:48:31 PDT 2015

Hi Ben,

I imagine, I am one of the guys you are refering to.
Within the thread "WLE600VX from PCEngines", I was trying to make
working a HT80 IBSS connection with wpa_supplicant, but this connection
was only set to 20MHz.
I was trying this with the 4.0 kernel, the 10.1.467-ct-14 firmware and
the last version (git) of wpa_supplicant (2.5). By the way, has anyone
tried this?

Then, due to this failure, I tried kernel 4.2 because Hannes Harm
reported success to set HT80 IBSS. But I was not able to configure
properly this kernel (compile OK, but the computer does not boot then).

@Ben, could you share a .config file for kernel 4.2? Do you think that
Release14 CT firmware would be able to work? I will update the 4.2
kernel, compile it and try to see
if I can set up the HT80 IBSS connection.

Thanks,

Jorge

--
Jorge Baranda
Research Engineer, MSc
jorge.baranda at cttc.es

Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 7
08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain)
Tel: +34 93 645 29 00  Ext: 2171
Fax. +34 93 645 29 01