QCA9880/9890 rfkill

William Riba wriba at wriba.com
Wed Sep 23 11:55:30 PDT 2015

Does anybody know whether rfkill in its hard block flavor is supported in
any QCA9880/9890 based device and/or firmware load? While vendors refer to
the WiFi disable/GPIO line in their reference schematics, it is not
functional.  What I see after testing multiple cards is if the line is
asserted during operation, there seems to be no effect. If it is asserted at
boot-up, the device does not enumerate on the PCI bus.

If Qualcomm does not intend to support this functionality anymore it would
be nice to know. Hard kills are a regulatory requirement for certain
applications. While we would like to use a QCA9890 in a new application,
there's no way it could make it through qualifications with its current
operation.  Any additional information on this would be welcome. Thanks.