Need to re-associate firmware peer when SMPS_CHANGED is set?

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 14 10:18:02 PDT 2015

grr, yes, I should try twisting some arms (lovingly) again.

The 2040 logic can have the same problem - if you initialise the
hardware to 20MHz mode you have to modify the rate table /and/ any
frames that are currently queued up. If there's hardware frames then
you either abort, or you just have the driver transition through
"don't queue new frames, complete existing frames, switch 40->20,
recalc rate control tables, recalc rate control for software queued
frames, start again."

I still have not done that in FreeBSD, but I helped some people back
at QCA figure all of that nonsense out. I don't ever know if it made
it into ath9k either :(

(God I'd like a working toolchain for this firmware source already...)

-adrian