QCA6174 bringup

Michael Krupp michaelkrupp at gmx.net
Tue Oct 27 04:53:19 PDT 2015

Hello Ganesh,

I downloaded the official Windows 10 driver from acer.com and extracted the
setup file using InstallShield [1] Cab Viewer [2]. The 30-day trial version
is sufficient to do this.

Inside the "main" setup file, there was another setup.exe for the atheros
driver itself. I extracted it using UniExtract [3].

The inner setup file contained a couple of eeprom_* files inside the "drivers"
directory. I then copied the one matching my device to "board.bin".

In my case: /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA6174/hw3.0/board.bin

Michael

[1] http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Professional-DE
[2] http://helpnet.installshield.com/installshield22helplib/helplibrary/IsCabView.htm
[3] http://legroom.net/software/uniextract