Ath10 firmware crashing in Monitor mode(Sniffer mode)

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Tue May 12 03:14:05 PDT 2015

On 12 May 2015 at 11:31, s prasad <sprasad.kandregula at gmail.com> wrote:
> May I know, is this firmware or driver constraint?
> If somebody have patch for this, am ready to test it.

Short answer: There's nothing, yet.

Long answer:

>From what I know official firmware doesn't support injecting packets
via monitor vdev. This is a firmware limitation.

A way around this may be creating and using an additional vdev, e.g.
AP. This will be rather ugly but may work. There's no patch for it.

An alternative would be to ask Ben to modify his CT-firmware branch.

Also there's a problem with submitting raw 802.11 frames to firmware.
There's some work ongoing [1].

[1]: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2015-May/005144.html