unknown qca6164 model 0x0041

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Thu Mar 19 05:26:59 PDT 2015

On 19 March 2015 at 13:17, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just got a Lenovo Yoga 3 11" Laptop that came with a NFA345 wifi module that
> is allegedly using a qca6164 chip. The Windows driver calls it a 61x4 version 20
> device and the PCI ID is 168c:0041, which is different from the device ID
> that was just added to ath10k as QCA6174_2_1_DEVICE_ID (168c:003e).
>
> Does anyone have more information about this device and about how hard it would
> be to add support to the driver? Is there a chance that it might just work by
> adding the IDs or is it something rather different?

"version 20 device" strongly suggests this is a hw2.1 device.
Currently there's only ath10k firmware for hw3.0 chips available. You
can look through ath10k mailing list for discussions on qca6174 hw2.1
(qca6164 is basically 1x1 instead of 2x2 from what I understand).

If not for the firmware confusion adding support to the driver is
probably as trivial as just adding the new pci device id to the
supported list.