ath10k tx99-like test mode?

Pushpal Sidhu psidhu at gateworks.com
Mon Mar 16 14:01:19 PDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 5:21 AM, Simon Wunderlich <sw at simonwunderlich.de> wrote:
> is there a test mode for ath10k where one can set different legacy/MCS rates to
> test output power levels in a lab? We used tx99 on ath9k for that purpose, is
> there an equivalent feature in ath10k as well?

Simon,

I've asked about this before since a 'testmode' was added to ath10k
several months ago, but was pretty much shot down. However, there's a
nifty tool called wperf (https://github.com/anyfi/wperf) that might
accomplish what you're after. I've yet to try it, but it does seem
promising since you'll hopefully be able to use UDP traffic to inject
frames into the air, though I'm not sure how the firmware will react.

- Pushpal