Question on bssid mask with ath10k

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Fri Jul 3 03:45:43 PDT 2015

On 3 July 2015 at 12:17, "Jose Núñez-Martínez (CTTC)"
<jose.nunez at cttc.cat> wrote:
> I'm trying to set BSSID mask in ath10k so that data packets with spoofed mac
> destination address can be received (and not dropped) by the card.
>
> Apparently the way bssid mask is managed has changed from ath5k and ath9k
> since there are not  "ath5k_hw_set_bssid_mask" or
> "ath9k_htc_set_mac_bssid_mask"  kind of functions.
>
> Anyone tried this?

There's no explicit control over Rx filters in ath10k that I know of.
This is abstracted away by other firmware higher-level commands. One
way to influence Rx filter (and BSSID mask) is to start a monitor vdev
in firmware. This apparently works[1] but 636 will crash on you again
if you do that. You'll need Ben's CT firmware.

[1]: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2015-April/005095.html