ath10k on 4.9 band?

Pushpal Sidhu psidhu at gateworks.com
Wed Jul 1 14:49:45 PDT 2015

Hi Ben,

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 11:41 AM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> Anyone know what it would take to make ath10k work on the 4.9Ghz band?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Yes. First you have to update your regulatory database to allow for
4.9GHz in whatever country you're wanting (wireless/db.txt). Then you
update ath10k driver to add the channels.

Update core.h to increase the number of channels allowed. Then update
mac.c and add the 4.9 frequencies to the 5ghz_channels struct.
Depending on the radio's EEPROMs regulatory restrictions, you'll have
to hack up wireless/ath/regd.c as well. I haven't done this in several
months, but I don't think that anything in the ath10k driver has
changed enough to modify my instructions.

- Pushpal