bcn_filter_rx_cmdid

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Wed Jan 14 00:31:39 PST 2015

On 14 January 2015 at 08:37, Yeoh Chun-Yeow <yeohchunyeow at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have found the array ie_map in the struct wmi_add_bcn_filter as follow:
>
> struct wmi_add_bcn_filter_cmd {
>         u32 vdev_id;
>         u32 ie_map[BCN_FLT_MAX_ELEMS_IE_LIST];
> } __packed;
>
> Anyone knows what is ie_map related to? How to set this for add beacon
> filter command. I would like to disable the beacon filtering for my
> adhoc node.

>From what I understand host can tell firmware in what IE tags it is
interested in. When a beacon with a different IE tag (in which host
expressed interest in) content is seen it'll be sent up to the host,
otherwise it won't. For your purpose I suppose you want an empty
ie_map (i.e. full of zeros?).

Btw. The command should be actually:

struct wmi_add_bcn_filter_cmd {
 __le32 vdev_id;