Any idea why we cannot disable /b rates?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Feb 24 11:44:02 PST 2015

Ok, so I found the problem.  Appears that the firmware uses two different
fixed rate-ctrl settings, one for non-data (bcast, mgt-frames, etc) and another
for data frames.  The non-data one was not being set when user configured
fixed rates, so beacons went out at 1Mbps.

I updated CT firmware (beta-14) to set both data and non-data to the same
value when the driver specifies the rates...  Seems to work...any idea
if this is a bad idea in practice?