attempting mesh on ath10k

Bob Copeland me at bobcopeland.com
Mon Apr 27 06:00:16 PDT 2015

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 10:15:52AM -0400, Bob Copeland wrote:
> So, progress!
>
> There's still an issue with datapath -- while it looks like we can establish
> plinks, I couldn't get unicast traffic flowing even if manually setting up
> mpaths and arp table entries.  I haven't yet got all of my 5 ghz capable gear
> in the same room to monitor and see where the problem lies.

Now I had a chance to monitor it, and in so doing, rediscovered this patch of
Chun-Yeow's:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2014-September/003206.html

In fact my broadcasts were truncated and the above change makes the broadcast
ARPs look correct over the air.  The (non-ath10k) target mesh STA replies with
broadcast PREQ but that is not received / processed / replied-to by the
ath10k device.

Perhaps there is a BSSID filter enabled or something like that (in mesh
there's no BSSID, just individual addresses on group addressed frames).

--
Bob Copeland %% http://bobcopeland.com/