Question about ath10k throughput

Shu, Nick Nick.Shu at spirent.com
Tue Apr 21 14:28:42 PDT 2015

Hi, Group:
I'm doing throughout measurement on QCA9880 chip, running ath10k 3.17 driver with firmware.
I'm able to set channel width to 80MHz, enabled all three streams, MCS index to 9 for max. data throughput.
I verified all initial setting are correct.
But when test starts, MCS dropped (as the results of packet error?).
Is there any app command to send to driver to lock the MCS index during the test, so we can see better throughput?
What is the best practical number we can get for ath10k chip? 800? 900?

Thanks!
Nick Shu
Spirent Communications e-mail confidentiality.
This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information belonging to Spirent Communications plc, its affiliates and / or subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of any action based upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly forbidden. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system.

Spirent Communications plc
Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.
Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677

Registered in England Number 470893
Registered at Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United Kingdom.

Or if within the US,

Spirent Communications,
27349 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA, 91301, USA.
Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300