IBSS support in ath10k - our test results and questions

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Apr 9 19:38:16 PDT 2015

I am still getting closer..found place in my 10.1 firmware that was setting
the mcast peer's key-index when it shouldn't, and now I can generate
udp broadcast frames on ath10k and ath9k receives them fine
(and they are encrypted on the air).

But, ARP request and response packets are being transmitted wrong by the ath10k.  Looks like
they are truncated and/or scrambled a bit..but they do decrypt on the
ath9k peer (just as mal-formed packet).

I found a bit of stuff that adjusts TID for ARP in the firmware,
but could not find any other special handling.

Anyone know if there is other special handling somewhere that might
account for this?