Using host's rate-ctrl in ath10k?

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Tue Sep 23 00:17:35 PDT 2014

On 22 September 2014 19:42, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
> Has anyone looked into what it would take to use standard host OS's
> rate control (minstrel_ht) with ath10k?
>
> I suspect the ath10k rate control logic in the firmware is
> a bit dodgy, and it would be nice to use something with wider
> testing such as minstrel_ht...

Correct me if I'm wrong but that would require tx completions to
include tx retry information and a way to setup tx retries.

I recall there's a WMI command to control tx retries in 10.1 but I
think the WMI service bitmap doesn't indicate it as enabled (at least
in official firmware binaries) so I guess it's just a no-op now.
There's also HTT pktlog which is able to deliver tx descriptors to the
host but these aren't public.