ath10k: calibration data through Device Tree?

Kumar Gala galak at codeaurora.org
Fri Oct 17 05:25:01 PDT 2014

On Oct 7, 2014, at 6:44 PM, Kalle Valo <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:

> Andy Lutomirski <luto at amacapital.net> writes:
>
>> Perhaps unsurprisingly, the OpenWRT patch that enables it to work for
>> real (by shoving a file into /lib/firmware that's contains a copy of
>> data read from flash) hasn't made it upstream.  I assume that the
>> purpose of this discussion is to settle on a real solution.
>
> I'm hoping to have ath10k support three different methods to get
> calibration data:
>
> 1) OTP (already supported)
>
> 2) Device Tree (under discussion)
>
> 3) from a file
>
> I'm hoping to send patches for 2) and 3) soon.

As Arnd mentioned you would have something like:

pci {
        pcie at 0 {
                reg = <0 0 0 0 0>;
                #interrupt-cells = <1>;
                #size-cells = <2>;
                #address-cells = <3>;
                device_type = "pci";

                ath10k at 0,0 {
                        reg = <0x0000 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0>;
                        device_type = "pci";
                        qcom,ath10k-calibration-data = [ 01 03 04 05 06 … ];
                };
        };
};

On the driver side you can do something like:

	struct device_node *np;

	np = pci_device_to_OF_node(dev);

than you can do normal OF calls on ‘np’.

- k

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,