[RFC] ath10k: Fix shared WEP

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Fri Nov 21 02:40:27 PST 2014

On 21 November 2014 11:36, Sujith Manoharan <sujith at msujith.org> wrote:
> Michal Kazior wrote:
>> Good point, but what I'm worried it'll be easier to miss this subtlety
>> and introduce races in the future.
>
> I am not very familiar with ath10k locking, but peer_keys is
> also used in ath10k_clear_peer_keys(), where it relies on conf_mutex.
> Should that be addressed too ?

Yes. Basically peer->keys[] should be protected by both conf_mutex and
data_lock if you want to modify it. If you want to read it you need
either one.

>> Do you have it saved somewhere? If so, can you post it, please?
>
> http://pastebin.com/yywiPZXL

Thanks! Looks like the `cancel_work_sync(&arvif->wep_key_work);`
should go _before_ `mutex_lock(&ar->conf_mutex);`.

I'm busy with some stuff so feel free to send a patch :-)