Slow connect times?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Nov 5 09:39:44 PST 2014

On 11/03/2014 05:35 PM, Avery Pennarun wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:
>> If I am reading my results right, it takes over 2 seconds to associate an
>> ath10k station with WPA2 PSK on my systems.
>>
>> I was thinking this should be quite a bit faster than this...
>>
>> Has anyone done any similar measurements?
>
> I haven't noticed any delay like this.  WPA2 PSK negotiation is on the
> order of ~200ms or less. Then DHCP screws around for a few seconds,
> often.
>
> A packet trace would probably be useful for narrowing it down :)

First part of my problem is that I had some extra debugging turned on and
that was being sent to serial console, which is slow.

But, even with that off I am still seeing ~200ms at best.

Ath9k system on crappy old Atom processors usually completes in
less than 20ms for comparison.

Off to go spelunking in the ath10k code :P