Tx power setting

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Wed Nov 5 05:54:54 PST 2014

On 5 November 2014 09:41, Okhwan Lee <ohlee at mwnl.snu.ac.kr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying to change the tx power of QCA 9880.
> We use 3.16.1 linux kernel and backport (3.16.1) to use the emerging ath10k device driver and 10.1.467.2-1 firmware.
>
> However, we can not change the tx power setting (default 0 dBm) by using iw or iwconfig commands.

What do you mean "can not change". Do you get an error message? Where
does it say you have 0 dBm as the default?

> Based on my understanding, if we change the tx power using the commands, ath10k_config() function should be invoked.
> However, the function is not called.
> And the received signal strength at the receiver side does not change.
>
> If you have any idea, please let me know.

I'm using fbb5c042800ec42459a5cc307dec566d8e316927 from
github.com/kvalo/ath/ (based on 3.17). I don't see the problem you
describe - I can change tx powed with, e.g. `iw wlan1 set txpower
fixed 1000`. The other end reports different signal strength values
when I change txpower. Can you re-test with latest ath10k code,
please?