ath10k: firmware crash in station mode & problem DFS

Vu Hai NGUYEN vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr
Thu May 22 07:40:29 PDT 2014

> Could you get trace log with debug_mask = 0xffffff3f?
>
> You can also start hostapd with -ddt -T then we will have all logs in trace :)
> You can also add traces from mac80211, cfg80211
>
> Here description:
> http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath10k/debug
>

>BTW, seems you have wrong power constraint configuration - best remove
>this from hostapd.conf file.

I didn't have the option -T in my hostapd, only those:
   -h   show this usage
   -d   show more debug messages (-dd for even more)
   -B   run daemon in the background
   -e   entropy file
   -g   global control interface path
   -G   group for control interfaces
   -P   PID file
   -K   include key data in debug messages
   -t   include timestamps in some debug messages
   -v   show hostapd version
Is it because I don't have package trace installed in my kernel????

You can found in the attached file debug msg from hostapd (apd_52.txt), wpa_supp (wpa_52.txt), dmesg from AP (dmesg_apd.txt) and dmesg from STA (dmesg_wpa.txt)  with the debugmask=0xffffff3f
with the airlog of wireshark (airelog_52).
Small question: If I use the firmware version 999, the frame of Probe Request from Station have  Mac address source: SecureWo_12:34:56 and with the version 10.1.467-2.1 I get the true address mac, is this normal?

NGUYEN Vu Hai
Acita-Sodielec
Route de Mayres - B.P. 9
12100 St GEORGES DE LUZENCON