ath10k: set channel by command "iw" not from hostapd and DFS support of firmware-2.bin_10.1.467.2-1

Bartosz Markowski bartosz.markowski at tieto.com
Fri May 16 00:46:11 PDT 2014

On 16 May 2014 09:35, Janusz Dziedzic <janusz.dziedzic at tieto.com> wrote:
> On 16 May 2014 09:01, Vu Hai NGUYEN <vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr> wrote:

> Seems CONFIG_ATH10K_DFS_CERTIFIED is not set.
> You can simply check this during compilation adding eg. to mac.c
> #ifndef CONFIG_ATH10K_DFS_CERTIFIED
> #error DFS_NOT_SET
> #endif
>
> I am not sure but could be if you kernel is old and didn't have this
> option (which is available in backports) then will  be not set.
> @Bartosz didn't we have same problem, do you remember how this was solved?

I assume you are using backports, right? I think I hit something
similar when I was compiling my own backports package (under openwrt).
The backports were generated from ath.git. I think the root cause for
me those days was outdated .local-symbols file from the backports and
lack of 'ATH10K_DFS_CERTIFIED=' there (I 'mixed' the original
comapt-wireless from openwrt and my own backports). But I have no idea
if you are facing something similar, since I do not know your build
setup..

--
Bartosz