Rate vs Range graphs for ath10k through attentuator.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu May 15 11:53:01 PDT 2014

Just FYI...here's a graph of a UDP upload test through an attenuator.
The attenuator goes from 0 up to 95.5, though isolation is not perfect
so even at highest attenuation a small bit of signal gets through.

One interesting thing to me is that ath10k does so well at very hot
signal strength.  ath9k runs like crap with hot signal...

AP is another of our systems, both are using my CT firmware, my 3.14.4+
kernel, and WLE900VX NICs.  32 stations were created and associated
on the station machine, but only one was actively sending any significant
data.  AP system had single active AP vdev, one station interface that was
not connected.  Traffic flow is station send to AP, AP sends back to station
machine on 1Gbps wired Ethernet connection.  Both systems are mobile core-i7
CPU, 8GB RAM, etc.

http://www.candelatech.com/examples/ath10k-rate-vs-range-udp-upload/

Lots of graphs in the link above..the most useful ones are:

http://www.candelatech.com/examples/ath10k-rate-vs-range-udp-upload/chart-0.png

http://www.candelatech.com/examples/ath10k-rate-vs-range-udp-upload/chart-30.png

The throughput is a bit spikey, possibly because I am only doing 5 second throughput
tests.  Will run a 30-second one some day and hope that smooths out.