ath10k: set channel by command "iw" not from hostapd and DFS support of firmware-2.bin_10.1.467.2-1

Vu Hai NGUYEN vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr
Thu May 15 03:41:54 PDT 2014

>> Yes I did it, here is my configuration:
>>
>> <M>   Atheros 802.11ac wireless cards support
>>   │ │                                 <M>     Atheros ath10k PCI support
>>   │ │                                   [*]     Atheros ath10k debugging
>>   │ │                                   [*]     Atheros ath10k debugfs support
>>   │ │                                   [*]     Atheros ath10k tracing support
>>   │ │                                   [*]     Atheros DFS support for certified platforms

>How old is your hostapd build? Do you have country code, ieee80211d, and
>ieee80211hset in hostapd.conf? I've been running ath10k in AP mode on
>DFS-channels since february (10.1-branch firmware, VHT80).

I'm using the version 2.1 of hostapd, my hostapd.conf alreay included:

country_code=FR
ieee80211d=1
ieee80211h=1

But I thought that I found the problem might be because I didn't get the dfs_cac_time for DFS. I'm using the regulatory database of cfg80211 and in the file  "regdb.c" (which is generated automatically from the database in net/wireless/db.txt) and I always get the dfs_cac_time = 0. For example the in file "regulatory.h" there is a define of REG_RULE_EXT (start, end, bw, gain, eirp, dfs_cac, reg_flags) and in file "regdb.c" I got this line: REG_RULE_EXT(5250, 5330, 80, 0, 20, 0, NL80211_RRF_DFS | 0) and that means my dfs_cac = 0. I'm stucking in how to pass the value for this parameter.

 NGUYEN Vu Hai
 Acita-Sodielec
 Route de Mayres - B.P. 9
 12100 St GEORGES DE LUZENCON