ath10k: set channel by command "iw" not from hostapd and DFS support of firmware-2.bin_10.1.467.2-1

Vu Hai NGUYEN vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr
Tue May 13 06:08:38 PDT 2014

I am able to run mode access point by using ath10k and hostapd, but I have to set the channel in the configuration file for hostapd (I desactivated ACS when building hostapd)
If I set channel by the command "iw wlan0 set channel 10 HT20"  and remove the line "channel=10" from the configuration file of hostapd, this error appears when I run hostapd:

ACS was disabled on your build, rebuild hostapd with CONFIG_ACS=y or set channel
wlan0: IEEE 802.11 Configured channel (0) not found from the channel list of current mode (1) IEEE 802.11g
wlan0: IEEE 802.11 Hardware does not support configured channel
Could not select hw_mode and channel. (-3)
wlan0: Unable to setup interface.
hostapd_free_hapd_data: Interface wlan0 wasn't started

I had another problem with setting a cannal that employs DFS (for example 52):

wlan0: interface state COUNTRY_UPDATE->DFS
wlan0: DFS-CAC-START freq=5260 chan=52 sec_chan=0
wlan0: Unable to setup interface.
ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready

I'm using the firmware-2.bin_10.1.467.2-1 which indicates that supports DFS on the website of ath10k. Is there anyone got the same issue like me?
Thanks in advance,

NGUYEN Vu Hai
Acita-Sodielec
Route de Mayres - B.P. 9