Receiving your own wifi beacons

Avery Pennarun apenwarr at gmail.com
Sun May 11 23:21:42 PDT 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 1:47 AM, Kalle Valo <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
> Avery Pennarun <apenwarr at gmail.com> writes:
>> We aren't using DFS (does ath10k even support DFS yet?).
>
> Yes, ath10k supports DFS on ETSI channels but only with one BSS. Michal
> has been working on mac80211 DFS with multiple BSS support and he is
> getting close to finish that. And I'm hoping to get FCC and MKK support
> to ath.ko soon.

Oh good :)  We don't need that immediately but it'll be good to have
when it's ready.

>> If you have any other suggestions, please let us know.
>
> Do you know if interrupts are still working when the problem appears?
> What about other ath10k functionality and driver's communication to the
> firmware, is that working normally? For example, can you retrieve stats
> from firmware when the issue happens?

Not sure.  hostapd doesn't seem upset, and the driver doesn't seem to
be complaining about anything.

What's a good command to retrieve the firmware stats?  We can have
that run periodically and see if it ever starts failing.

Thanks,

Avery