No reorder buffer?

Michal Kazior michal.kazior at tieto.com
Thu Jun 26 00:47:56 PDT 2014

On 26 June 2014 09:38, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> ... hm. Well, in normal operation the firmware is supposed to be doing
> reordering. But I don't think ath10k runs the MAC in normal ethernet
> pipe mode, right? So a lot of the firmware / hardware offload bits
> don't work.
>
> Can someone verify for me which mode the MAC is in? I forget what was done.

ath10k runs in Native Wifi Rx decap mode if that's what you're
interested in? But I wouldn't expect it to behave any different than
802.3 decap mode other than a different frame headers.

Maybe re-ordering is disabled implicitly when a monitor vdev is
running in firmware (e.g. when interface is in promisc mode/ in a
bridge)?