Warning message in bridge mode

Vu Hai NGUYEN vh.nguyen at actiasodielec.fr
Mon Jun 23 02:03:30 PDT 2014

I get this warning message when doing my test with iperf in my AP:
br0: received packet on wlan0.sta1 with own address as source address

My STA is set up in bridge network (promiscuous mode) and using the firmware of CT.
http://www.candelatech.com/downloads/firmware-2-ct-community-6.bin
When my STA is associated successfully with my AP, the interface "wlan0.sta1" is created
in my AP. And I have this config:
br0              Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 04:F0:21:0E:38:C6
eth0            Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:10:02:0F:C5:05
wlan0          Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 04:F0:21:0E:38:C6
wlan0.sta1  Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 04:F0:21:0E:38:C6

I think that the warning message is because my interface br0 and wlan0.sta1 have the same
mac address. And it decrease the performance of the rate (I get higher rate with iperf when my
STA is set up in router network (not enter promiscuous mode). I can not do the test with the
official firmware cause it crashed in promiscuous mode.
So I wonder that if anyone get the same issue like me?

Thanks,
NGUYEN Vu Hai
Acita-Sodielec
Route de Mayres - B.P. 9
12100 St GEORGES DE LUZENCON
FRANCE

I can use it for my STA in promiscuous mode and connect to my AP on channels DFS,
Sometimes I get this message "wlan0: received packet with  own address as source address".
I'm not sure that it is your firmware issue or because of my network configuration.
I'll try to figure it out and report to you if it relates to your firmware.