After shutdown/restart, ath10k sometimes stops receiving packets

Avery Pennarun apenwarr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 23:49:25 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 1:45 AM, Kalle Valo <kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com> wrote:
> Avery Pennarun <apenwarr at gmail.com> writes:
>> Someone in our QA group seems to be able to produce it after two or
>> three test runs with Veriwave.  Before each run, he stops and restarts
>> hostapd.
>
> That's quite often. Was he testing DFS or something else? Maybe this is
> related to radar detection or channel switching?

He's not using DFS channels.  This is supposedly just a simple
throughput test.  (Although I've noticed in the past that the Veriwave
sometimes produces odd sequences of packets.)  It also happened to me
without Veriwave involved, on the open air, and definitely not on a
DFS channel.  But that only happened once and I didn't have a sniffer
going at the time.  I was definitely reconfiguring it to use a new
channel at the time.

Avery