fetching calibration data from flash

Kalle Valo kvalo at qca.qualcomm.com
Wed Jun 11 01:38:27 PDT 2014

Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> writes:

> Another nice feature would be to allow configuring the number of
> vdevs, peers, etc per NIC.  That way, you could have one NIC
> tuned to be one big AP with lots of peers, and a second could
> be several small APs with fewer peers and some stations, etc.
>
> Maybe this could be a separate file, or maybe it would be worth
> adding this to a TLV type file with cal.bin being part of the
> data?

So basically you want a configuration (".ini") file for ath10k, right? I
have seen those in out-of-tree drivers, but not in upstream drivers.

If I'm guessing right what these configuration items would do in ath10k,
I think instead of static configuration it would be much more flexible
to have this stuff configurable dynamically. But how, that's the
question. A sysfs file to set different profiles (or modes) was the
first one which came to my mind, but that's ugly.